Our current Auction Schedule is comprised of the following:
Every Monday - Sale of all Fat Stock (Sheep & Cattle), Store Sheep, Bobby Calves and Pigs
- Every second Thursday throughout the year - Store Cattle Sale
- Early December - I.H.C. Calf Sale
- February - Two-Tooth Ewe Fair and Annual Draft Ewe Fair
- April - Six Weaner Beef Calf Sales (Eastern, Southern, Mackenzie, Western, Fairlie Basin & Geraldine Sections)
- April, May - Weaner Deer Sales (subject to numbers)
- Early May - Beef In-Calf Heifer Sale and Beef In-Calf Cow Sale
- July - In-Lamb Ewe Fair
Vendors book their stock for sale at Temuka with one of five Livestock Companies trading at Temuka Saleyards.
All stock must be accompanied with accurately filled Animal Status Declaration (ASD) Form.
- Yarding of Stock
Weekly Monday Sale:
> All cattle must be yarded by 9:30 a.m.
> All sheep must be yarded by 11:00 a.m.
Thursday Store Cattle and & Special Cattle Sales:
> All cattle must be yarded the night before the sale. The only exception is I.H.C Calf Sale held in early December
when calves are yarded by 11:00 a.m. on the day of Sale.
Special Sheep Sales:
> Sheep can be yarded the night prior or in the morning of Sale.
All potential Purchasers must register prior the Sale at PGG Wrightson Livestock Office providing the following information:
> Phone Number;
> NAIT Number (for Cattle & Deer);
> Arranged Transport Operator.
During the sale conducted by the auctioneers of the participating companies, potential Purchasers will bid on desired stock following
the normal auction rules where the fall of the hammer declares the end of bidding and the winning bid. This is when the the winning
bidder must produce the Registration Number to the auctioneer.
Payment for the livestock purchased at Temuka saleyards is subject to Terms of Trade of the individual selling Company.
The individual selling Companies are responsible for conducting the auctions. TESSCO South Canterbury Limited will not
accept any responsibility for any problem arising from the auction process.
- Auction Terms and Conditions - The New Zealand Stock & Station Agents Association (can be found here)